Life in the Lowcountry centers on the water, the weather and the genteel ways of those who call it home. Just enough off the beaten path to retain the classic flavor of the South, this island gem of the South Carolina Lowcountry features a pristine natural environment that showcases fertile salt marshes, forests of moss-draped oaks, magnolias, palmettos and a 12-mile stretch of deep, sandy shoreline. Living here offers year round activities – everything from Coligny Beach to the Sea Pines Golf Academy and much much more! Come experience all that Hilton Head Island, SC has to offer. Paula and Penny will be happy to share more than just home sale offerings; they will share their lifestyle experiences with you!
Step 1: Clean and declutter
It may sound obvious, but the importance of cleaning and decluttering cannot be overstated. Here are some ideas to make this process nearly painless.
- Eliminate clutter before cleaning: This is the time to purge your house of unwanted and unnecessary items. In addition to donating items to charity, consider giving them away through Craigslist or neighborhood sharing groups. Recyclers are often willing to pick up and haul away large metal items for free.
- Deep clean your house: This step will probably involve the biggest time investment. Pay special attention to kitchens and bathrooms, and clean the inside and outside of your windows — this makes a striking improvement in the overall appearance of your house.
- Organize closets, cabinets and drawers: In this case, out of sight is not out of mind. Many potential buyers will open cabinets and closets, because they are thinking about storage space. Clean and organized storage areas signal to buyers that you take care of the house.
Step 2: Make small repairs
Take care of these problems before you show the house for the first time. These are all fixes that you can do yourself.
- Fix any leaking faucets and running toilets.
- Replace caulking around tubs, showers and sinks.
- Freshen up or repair grout as needed.
- Repair walls and repaint them in a neutral, generally pleasing color that complements your home.
- Fix cracked or broken windows.
- Replace or repair damaged window screens.
- Replace burned-out lightbulbs.
Step 3: Go for curb appeal
You want potential buyers to be charmed by the outside of your house so they look forward to coming inside. Extend your pumped-up spring cleaning to the outside of your house too.
- Trim bushes, shrubs and trees. Make sure vegetation isn’t touching your roof or siding.
- Repair broken downspouts and gutters.
- If it’s appropriate for your yard, apply new mulch, river rock and/or pea gravel. This can do wonders for your landscaping and provide immediate curb appeal.
- Clean and repair concrete areas, such as driveways and walkways. Eliminate any oil or grease stains, and clean out any weeds coming up through the cracks.
- If it’s seasonally appropriate, put out some pots of annuals, which will maintain their color for the season. Freshen up your doorstep with a new welcome mat and make sure the house numbers are easy to see.
With just a moderate amount of effort, you can make your house beautiful and welcoming, both inside and out. When you are ready to list your home please feel free to call Paula and Penny!
Excitement is starting to build on Hilton Head Island as we near the annual RBC Heritage!
Dates are: Monday, April 15 – Sunday April 21
Paula and Penny will be at the Sea Pines Real Estate @ Beach Club hospitality tent representing Paula Traver & Associates Thursday, Saturday and Sunday (hours are below). Tent is located on the 18th tee box and free lunches will be served to our clients – please come by and give us a high five and have a bite to eat! Remember…….keep coming back to read our blogs and we will keep you posted on new event offerings and links!
Paula – Thursday, April 18th (4pm-6pm) & Sunday, April 21st (2pm – 4pm) @hhi4you
Penny – Saturday, April 20th (4pm-6pm) & Sunday, April 21st (12pm-2pm) @hiltonhead_realtor
#realtors #seapinesrealestatebeachclub #rbcheritage #golf #boaters #hhi4u #realestate
………………………….curb Appeal sells!!!
There’s usually at least one home in every neighborhood that looks so attractive you can’t help but slow down each time to walk or drive by. On the flip side, there may be a few that force you to look away! (Sorry, neighbors.)
Homes with great curb appeal demand a higher asking price and sell faster…here are a few to get you started!
- paint your front door (DIY)
- install a new/trending door knob (DIY)
- cheerful door mat (DIY)
- the lawn!! – mow, conquer those weeds, green lawn spray paint, trim (DIY)
- power wash the house (DIY)
- how is your roof???
- make the windows sparkle (DIY)
- pave the driveway (DIY)
- add charm to the front door – plants, outdoor furniture
- new house numbers (DIY)
Your first impression is your BEST impression!!
The Hilton Head Island Airport announced Monday that United Airlines will begin flying in and out of the airport starting in spring 2019. The national airline will run seasonal service to United “hub airports” in Washington, D.C., Chicago and New York City, Beaufort County airports Director John Rembold said at a news conference.
- Starting on March 31, United will operate nonstop flights from Hilton Head Island to Washington Dulles International Airport two times a day.
- Starting on April 6, United will operate flights to Chicago O’Hare International Airport two times a week.
- Also on April 6, United will begin offering flights to New York/Newark Liberty International airport once per week.